- The Bible is replete with passages that illustrate God's compassion for the poor, the widow, and the orphan.
- can you share a time that was especially meaningful to you when you felt God's deep love for one of the least of these?
- How did that impact you in the short term? How has it impacted you permanently?
- Have you ever been in a situation where you were one of the least of these?
- if so, did anyone minister to you during that time?
- had did that make a difference for you?
- As mentioned in the intro above, there is a limitless supply of marketers competing for your dollars.
- Are you ever challenged to make your Christmas giving different than in years before?
- If so, have you actually followed up on that intent?
- "For where your treasure is, there your heart is also" - Matthew 6:21
- let’s talk about some places God has directed (or is right now directing you) to show where your heart REALLY is?
- Do you have an idea of how we can we come together as a group to serve the least of these and to deepen our ties with one another?
Monday, November 28, 2016
As we approach the Christmas celebration, every retailer wants to get in your wallet. As it turns out, God wants to get into your heart! There are so many ways and places we can spend our money; some noble, some less so. While my electronics clients would love for you to invest in virtual reality, our Savior is more interested in virtuous reality. The real needs are stark and significant. While there are many, many examples in the Word of people who are barely getting by, here is one that leaves little room for misunderstanding.
In terms of our topic for the morning, let's look at Job 24:7-9
Lacking clothes, they spend the night naked;
they have nothing to cover themselves in the cold.
8 They are drenched by mountain rains
and hug the rocks for lack of shelter.
The fatherless child is snatched from the breast;
the infant of the poor is seized for a debt.
Things to think about:
Looking forward to seeing what God will do as we search very near the core of His heart!