The George Floyd tragedy and the COVID death disparity are the two most recent examples that the world Africa-Americans and other people of color live in and the world whites live in are very different. James 2:1-9 is about the forbidding of favoritism and it seems to me that racism is an ugly form of favoritism.
- Speaking the truth in love - Love without truth is mush. Truth without love is harsh.
- I believe God is the Artist who loves color would have us celebrate the variety in His creation. I don't believe in color blindness because that tries to ignore the beauty of the quilt God has made. I am richer when I embrace others from different backgrounds who don't necessarily look or sound like me.
- Why should you see color?
- Full transparency about the current climate (How do you really feel about it?)
- What you (don’t/want) to understand about race, police violence, etc.? What is the lingering question you’ve always wanted to ask?
- Advocating in your respective circles for your brothers (When topics of race surface do you stand in the gap, tend to agree or remain silent?)
- What can we as a group do to help? Heal? Change for the better?
and Righteousness stands at a distance;
Truth has stumbled in the streets,
Honesty cannot enter.
Truth is nowhere to be found,
and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey.
that there was no Justice.
He saw that there was no one,
he was appalled that there was no one to intervene;
so His own arm achieved Salvation for him,
and His own Righteousness sustained him.