If you’re in danger, you want to get to someplace safe and you want to get there now! So where do you turn when you sense danger?
Proverbs 18:10 - The name of the Lord is a
the righteous run to it and are safe.
Things to think about:
· God’s name is more than sufficient
Phil. 2:9-11 - Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
· He’s not weak and flimsy
o “The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.
· He’s a tower, not something insignificant
· For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land, Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.
· Not everybody recognizes Him for who He is
o The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”
· With the devil prowling about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour, you don’t take a leisurely stroll – you RUN
o 2 Corinthians 6:2 - I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.
· Once there, you are out of danger and completely safe
o John 10:28-29 - I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.
But there’s more in the following verse:
· The wealth
of the rich is their fortified city;
they imagine it a wall too high to scale.
o It’s very easy to think we are safe if we’ve been blessed with material wealth
§ If you live in the United States and make more than $60,000 per year, you are in the Top 1% globally!
§ Perhaps, we are taking refuge in our retirement accounts
§ Maybe it is in your position or power
o Matthew 6:19-21 - “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
So when the threat is high (and it always is for as long as we live in enemy occupied territory), take refuge in the name of the Lord. If you run to Him, He guarantees your safety.