I read a sentence in a recent Rick Warren devotional that stopped me in my tracks. “People are attracted to Christ more than they are persuaded to Him.” Many of us worry about having the perfect argument to answer the hardest questions. The reality is the barrier often isn’t intellectual but relational. Our topic today is about magnets and the power they have to attract.
Titus 2:10 - so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.
Things to think about:
· Magnets have the natural property to attract things with the opposite charge
o Our “positive energy” can be most effective with negative people and circumstances
o As Christians, sometimes we repel or are repelled by those with an opposite charge
§ Do you naturally go towards someone with a different belief system or towards them?
· Remember who you were before Jesus drew you in
o Jesus spent a lot of time with people who had the opposite charge
§ Why does your Master eat with sinners?
§ Is it not the sick who need a physician?
· What do you think the most attractive quality of the Christian magnet is:
o Not drinking, dancing, or smoking
o Or maybe…LOVE???
§ In service
§ In generosity
§ In availability
§ In empathy and compassion
§ In forgiveness and acceptance
· Matthew 5:16 - In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
· John 3:16 - For God so loved the world…
Love is the ultimate magn